Monday, July 1, 2013

Catch Up

Wow! The last month has just flown by! I cant believe it is already July 1st. Sometimes I wish I could grab time and make it sit still. The last month has been full of fun and friends. Derek finished his first year of medical school (YEAH!!). We are 1/4 of the way to Residency and I am so proud of the hard worker Derek is. Sometimes I cant believe that we have been in Miami for over a year and that our lives are so embedded here now. It seems like we still have a long time to go before we are done with medical school, but I know time is going to fly by (or at least I keep saying that to myself when I feel like we have forever to go).

Since Derek is on summer break, we have had more time to just relax and enjoy each other's company. Derek has been helping me with projects around the house and just got back from a trip to DC. Dustin and his family are moving from Washington state to Washington DC and Derek went up to help him unpack. I am so excited to have all the nieces on the East Coast, especially since Carrie is due in September with baby #3. We cant wait to meet her and I am hoping we can make a weekend trip to DC this fall to see the city and the girls.

We also celebrated the Miami Heat's win with friends (post to come), enjoyed the pool, watched too much TV, ate a lot of good food and genuinely relaxed. This week we are heading to Sanibel Island to spend the 4th with my family (Mike included!) and soak up some Florida sun. I wish that summer time was just reality and I didn't have to work and we could just hang out all the time together. I think they call that retirement, but I am ready for that now! Anyone else feel the same?

I hope everyone is having an awesome summer! More posts and pictures to come in the next few weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS