Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas with the Humpherys

We started our Christmas break with my family. We went up on Saturday, the same day Mike and Kelly got in town. It had been about 6 months since I had seen Mike so it was great to all be together again! We had a really nice weekend of eating, playing games, going to church, and napping. Sunday night we all participated in a Humpherys family tradition of caroling with the missionaries. We visited several families and investigators and, thanks to Sarah, Kelly, Mike and the Elders, we sounded the best we ever have! It helps when you have a few music majors and a vocal performance major in the mix. It really makes it feel like Christmas driving around and singing Christmas songs together. We also visited our my mom's friend Rene's family. Her son Luke has down syndrome and is in love with Sarah. He macked on her all night and kept telling Ryan to get lost... pretty cute! Monday we celebrated my Dad's birthday. Since his birthday is Christmas eve, we have a fun ritual so it feels like his birthday instead of Christmas. This tradition is presents, Chinese food for lunch and a movie. We also played volleyball at the courts at the Satellite Beach library in the morning. Mike, Kelly, Derek and I were a team and we got worked.... so did our arms but it was really fun. Even Comet came along. We had an awesome lunch of Chinese food and then saw The Hobbit. Dad lucked out with his gifts... Mom got him a surround sound system because he gave up 1980's speakers this summer. That night we went to celebrate Christmas with mom's family at Rose's house. Crystal always takes the best pictures and she did great at capturing our family that night.

Here is the whole crew!

Me and grandma

Sarah and I with Crystal
Me and Derek

Sarah and Ryan had to go spend time with Ryan's family after the party so we rushed home and opened all of our gifts. We exchanged names this year and then Mom and Dad got us all gifts. My mom is the best gift giver. She always thinks of little things that we love and she makes the whole Christmas experience fun. Even as a 25 year old, I still love the excitement of opening my presents. Derek got some nice clothes to wear for when he sees patients and I got a sewing machine! I cant wait to get some practice under my belt and get better at sewing again. Mike and Kelly pulled my name and I think their gift was my favorite of this year... a Vampire Diaries shirt with Damon on the front. What more could a girl want?!?
The whole weekend was awesome. It went MUCH too fast, but it was a great time being with family and relaxing. The best part was I didn't have to get on a plane to go home! I am looking forward to many more Florida Christmases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS