Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Temple Trip with the Families

One of the most important things to me is my family. As a middle child, I think it is embedded in my DNA to want everyone to get along and be happy. There is nothing better to me then sitting around with all of my family, talking, eating and just being together. I think I get that from my Mom. Over Christmas, I realized how much I love both of my families. I love being an aunt, a sister-in-law, a sister, a daughter and a daughter-in-law. Oh yeah and a wife ;) One of the most fortunate things is that I feel like I have another set of parents in Phil and Vickie.

Since Derek and my parents knew each other long before we ever thought about dating, it has made our lives infinitely easier. We can all go out to dinner together and it feels natural and fun. This weekend we had the chance to go to Orlando to go to the temple. This is where Derek and I were married and I love this temple so much!


My parents, Sarah and Ryan and Vickie and Phil all joined us. We drove up to Melbourne and drove over with Vickie and Phil. It was an awesome afternoon... one that I needed! Its hard to have the temple be 4 hours away! The Ft Lauderdale temple should be finished early fall this year, which will be amazing. We will only have to go about 45 minutes. Until then we are going to go to Orlando as much as our schedule allows.


After we went and got Chinese food (Have I mentioned my family loves Chinese food?) and chatted. It was great to have everyone together and having a good time. It means so much to me that we can go to the temple with our families and that we have the gospel in our lives.

Cant forget our sister picture!

It was a really great weekend. Wish we had another day to be with everyone, but now they all owe us a trip to Miami!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS