Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goals and Resolutions

So I don't know about all of you, but the new year always inspires me to be better. I want to get organized and meet all these goals for myself. But pretty much every year the goals seem too lofty and impossible to reach. By February the gleam of the new year is gone and I have royally failed at my goals so I give up.

Inherently I have a short attention span. I think that is why I love selling so much. I can work with a customer and just when I got bored a new customer comes along with a new challenge and my attention is grabbed again. So, instead of fighting my nature, (I am leaving that for another year) I decided to embrace my ADD nature and set smaller, monthly goals. I found a calendar template on Publisher and set some goals.

There are some secrets on here so I don't want to spoil them for anyone reading.
Plus its fun to blur out some things... it creates a sense of mystery :)

I have stapled my budget goals to the calendar and I placed them in a sheet protector. Now I can carry my goals with me wherever I go and they seem a lot more attainable. It helps me with planning our week and not forgetting little things along the way. I don't know how well this will work but I am optimistic. Don't judge my feeble attempts to be a good housewife (aka cooking and budgeting). Derek and I have a busy year with lots of goals that will take some hard work and dedication to accomplish. I am ready to kick some butt and have a great 2013! What are you doing this year to be better? Do you set yearly/weekly/monthly goals?

1 comment:

  1. haha I saw the scribbled out part and was curious! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS