Sunday, May 25, 2014

Barcelona Adventure: Part 1

In April, I had the amazing opportunity to go to Barcelona, Spain for work. I have to say that it lived up to all of my expectations. I had never been to Europe and I think Barcelona is the perfect city to start in. I spent 4 days there working and then my Dad flew over to be with me for another 6 days. We literally walked the city 3 times over and saw pretty much everything on our bucket list. It really was such a romantic city with everything I pictured Europe to have. I can't wait to go back with Derek and see more of Europe.

 On the way to Barcelona


 Placa Espana from the top of Les Arenas


 The El Gotic district

One of the coolest places in Barcelona is the La Boqueria. It is an open market that has pretty much everything you can think of... fish, candy, nuts, spices, fruit, restaurants. We went almost everyday to get food and we loved the fruit juice. I wish I could capture the smells and sounds of the market for you but here are a few pictures.









One of the best parts of the city was the food! I loved all the tapas and eclectic food we found. One of the best places was a place called Bo d Be. It was this fun little









Dad and I were lucky enough to do one of the guided tours of the city. Our guides were amazing and really helped us get a feel for the history of the city. I am so glad we had the chance to do it. 



 One of our tour guides


 A typical Spanish lunch


 I always say yes to gelato! 


Probably my favorite place in Barcelona was the La Sagrada Familia. It was so incredible to see all of the time and energy that went into fulfilling Gauid's vision. I have to say that our tour guide's love for the architecture and ability to translate that to us is what sold me. And when you walk in the building you just feel the gravity of how amazing the building is. They say the building will be complete in 2023 but I hope they continue to build it, just for the allure of it.










1 comment:

  1. You're the second person I know that has gone to Spain recently. I so need to go.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS