Monday, May 26, 2014

Barcelona Adventure: Part 4

Since we had a few days in the city, we decided to do one of the popular day trips around Barcelona, Montserrat. Monserrat is a monastery that is up in the mountains about an hour outside of the city. Many of the people in Spain travel to the monastery to rub the orb that a statue of Mary is holding. We spent a day up at the monastery, taking a tour and seeing the boys choir perform. It was really amazing to think that people were able to build the monastery without all of the 
technology we have today. 










Our last day we made sure to go back to our favorite restaurants, the beach and we finally got to go the Picasso museum. I loved the museum. The museum took you on a tour of Picasso's life so you could really see his art develop. It was the perfect last day in the city. 













I really fell in love with Barcelona. It was the experience of a lifetime and I am so glad I had the chance to take advantage of my time there. I can't wait to go back in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS