Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bucket List: 30 by 30

I have been thinking about a lot of things that I want to do with my time. Some weeks go by and I feel like I don't accomplish all that much in the time that I have been given. I saw a story on Facebook that talked about how time is like a bank. Every day our bank is restocked with time, and often we just spend the time, not noticing where our time is spent. I totally feel like that! Since I am a manic list maker, I decided to make a list of all of the things I want to do with my time. I have had this list slowly building on my desktop at work and then today I figured out what to do with it! I was on my friend Caitlin's blog, stalking her cute kids and saw a link to her 30 before 30 post. She made a list of 30 things to do before she turned 30 and I was inspired. I added 6 or 7 more things to my list to complete it and boom, here we are. My own list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. Some are rather bold, but at least I have some fun things to look forward to! Maybe if I don't accomplish all of them they can be added to my 40 things to do before 40 list ;)

Here it is:


  1. Run a 10K
  2. Go to England and see all the places I have read about
  3. Read the Book of Mormon and New Testament as a family
  4. Go on a vacation every year with Derek
  5. Make a quilt
  6. Re-learn how to knit and make a scarf
  7. Make a scrapbook of the first few years of our marriage
  8. Learn to play my favorite hymn on the piano (Abide With Me 'Tis Eventide)
  9. Have a 3 month supply of food storage
  10. Participate in the dedication and ceremony for the Ft. Lauderdale temple (Coming 2014)
  11. Go to Pennsylvania again
  12. Visit Mike while he lives in Chicago
  13. Learn how to use my camera and take pictures
  14. Get to know the city of Miami
  15. Rescue a dog
  16. Throw a New Year’s Eve Party
  17. Grow an urban garden
  18. Enjoy the ocean at least 1 time a month while in Miami
  19. Learn to give myself a professional mani/pedi
  20. Read a book about a prophet (recommendations welcome)
  21. See John Mayer in concert
  22. Finish decorating my master bedroom
  23. Write more
  24. Learn how to make homemade tortillas
  25. Help Derek graduate from medical school
  26. Be a better sister/sister-in-law
  27. Go to the Keys
  28. Receive my Young Women Recognition again
  29. Volunteer with a political campaign I care about
  30. Read Pride and Prejudice every year
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! Im glad you are doing it too! It made me read my list again and get motivated! Miss you so much! Seriously... I want to cry cause I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS