Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One Year Ago

One year ago this month Derek and I loaded up my little Ford Focus and left Utah. This might not seem like a big deal, but the longer we are away, the more I realize this event was a really big deal! First I have to say, coming to Miami was ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do for our family. The blessings we have received and the happiness we have here is beyond what I expected when we made this move. Miami is home in every sense of the word and I couldn't be happier to be here.

I also have to say that Utah gave me so much! It was where I grew into an adult. I learned so much about myself while I lived there and I am so glad I had the chance to leave my home and have an adventure. BYU provided me with opportunities to learn and be challenged academically at a level I never anticipated. I learned to love who I am while I lived there, truly understanding my purpose in life. I made the best friends I have working and studying there (Love you guys!).


I will admit I got in my car and didn't look back when I left. But some days I miss the people and experiences I had there. I really miss the affordable food (Zupas, Cafe Rio, Everything at Riverwoods) and of course the FroYo. I am glad that I can look back at my time in Utah and remember a lot of fun times and great memories that helped me get to the place I am in now.

MISS YOU UTAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS