Friday, April 5, 2013

Temple Trip

At the beginning of March I had the chance to go on a Youth Temple Trip with my ward. Since we are about 4 hours from the Orlando Temple, I got up at 3:20 in the morning to be ready for the bus at 4am. Talk about early! We had some issues with the buses but in the end we were ready to go at 5am and off to Orlando. Everyone pretty much slept on the way to the temple so it was nice and quiet. I can sleep through a hurricane so I was passed out the whole time. We got the temple and the youth had the chance to do baptisms for the dead. The Orlando temple was built when I was 7 years old so I remember going to the open house and then going there as a youth for baptisms for the dead. This is also the temple I was married in and so it holds a very special place in my heart.

 Its just too early to get up!

The girls had a great time and I loved being able to help them. I was able to enjoy the afternoon in the temple, followed by some amazing Chinese food. The youth made a harlem shake video on the way home (which I slept through) and we had a great time talking and getting to know each other. We got home late that night and I felt like a zombie, but it was an amazing experience. I took for granted having temples close to me in Utah. After spending 8 hours on a bus for get to and from the temple, I am just grateful I can go!

 With Emely, Alejandra, Karen, Chelsea and Beverly

One of the most beautiful places on earth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS